Monday, September 5, 2011

corruption in my life :))


Corruption came , went like the monsoons. We all made the proper noises , the protests,and then also participated in the largest demonstrations against the government in recent times. it was the Gandhi's second coming ( a sequel is being made) Sir Ben Kingsley is currently searching in the USA for cheek pads to look like Annaji , and Kiran Bedi's role is being played by Angelina Jolie. Her voluptuous figure will be cleverly disguised under the kurta /waistcoat attire of the super cop . 

I was traveling to Sanawar and back and as always was late in going back home. Crossing, Chandigarh , city beautiful we were speeding ( a little  bit ) and got stopped by this huge jundli of cops , we pulled over. They asked my driver to give his license and a court date was going to be given for next month. I didn't want to give the driving license as we needed this trusty guy to be all over Punjab and Delhi. In fact, he probably travels the maximum in our family.
Well to cut the story short, we negotiated for chai -paani and I shelled out 500 rupees so that we could pass. In fact the initial 100/50 were scoffed at and I  was told they would give us this much money so I could have something cold to drink!! Here , a point to be registered is that challan is going to be cut there and then, plus actual money is paid there to expedite the process . 
I wonder , how they want to weed out corruption. I am party to it , I was and am frustrated by the apathy of the policeman where they like to complicate , delay the process so that we end up bribing them . 

A corrupt individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment