Friday, September 8, 2017

Chill Mataji

I am currently in competition with the polar bears, no I am not referring to the pearly white complexion that is promised by UR lovely 2 (this is a fairness cream that promises to make my blemishes go) nor do I have a hairy body that has been hit because of demonetization and its after effects. I tell you, my parlor wali has upped her prices by 18 percent so I am a currently a half groomed, au naturel woman. The number of times I get to hear chill ma, chill mataji has lowered my body thermo stat to freezing and beyond.
Actually, I face like every mother a Nirupa Roy type of emotional upheaval as our children go back to university. There are no two words to this we miss them. Suddenly all the reasons to love, laugh and to find laughter to enjoy with the crazy snacking of nachos, salsa, pizza, momos, bhel puri, chaat, you name it is gone. You revert back to thinking about the calories and the crazy diet /gym routine starts.  One becomes younger, gets so involved in being with them, loving, coddling and enjoying little things with them, and just running after them to pick up dirty clothes, smelly shoes, gym clothes and the sweaty smelly hugs, one day it’s all gone. And, then you get the half a minute phone calls, the two line texts, and sometimes an instagram post that isn’t for you.
And, then you see the meme; you know I wonder why they complicate life for us. Heavens, I didn’t even know how to pronounce this word till my younger one told me. And then I figured the weird emoji language. One day all I would need is hieroglyphics, that’s why Egypt is on my list before it gets all obliterated. To make it even worse, some one made snap chat and that is beyond me absolutely.
In fact, with all the crazy, dangerous, beyond the wall addictions lurking on the Internet I am scared. One hears of the blue whale challenge and you think, oh its not going to happen India, silly me the danger is not bound by borders it’s all virtual. There are no boundaries. Kids to horrific things to each other, all for snap chat dares, someone kills a young 7 year old in a bathroom in a school in Gurgaon today.
This is all too close for comfort; the world has become too gruesome, scary. The bottom line is I worry, because the pressure is so intense and it can happen to anyone’s child, and you know as mothers we all bleed the same.
So, hearing a chill ma, don’t worry, relax yourself and mama you’re hyper and the one I get the most is you protect us thinking we are girls! 
I have four sons, all over the world and the fact that I live in four different time zones; I also thank this virtual world so I can track them! To be a permanently exhausted mombie who survives on coffee, quiet time, and books and knows winter is here is all I am and oh did I mention my superpower , we have the sharpest acutest hearing power. Let the phone ring and the smile comes ..

Trust me , this happens with us all .

No comments:

Post a Comment