Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bhindian diyan gallan

BHINDIAN DIYAN GALAAN

Dear Sarpanchani Sahiba,

Sat Sri Akalji, I would like to bring to your notice that I am tied on the village dher post (garbage dump) and at night the neighbor Banti slyly milks me in connivance with the pair of snakes living there. Sometimes, the snakes also milk me and because of them living there, nobody comes close by; as if you disturb them bad luck follows you for 7 years.

I want justice and swift action, needs to be taken. Please schedule me for an audience with the panchayat on the coming Sunday.

Your’s faithfully,

Kali Ga with a chitta nishan(cow with a white mark)

This is a truthful letter which was received by mother –in law who is an elected Sarpanch.

Do not make fun of the innocence or the naivety of the villagers residing in the villages of Punjab; this is the story of real India which I would like to highlight to you all. We need to address these problems of superstition, ignorance, lack of education. All else, are elitist problems. Do you think the 67%of Punjab is bothered about what happens in Copenhagen, or whether the glaciers are melting or whether Headley is a rogue agent? We need to break free from the cocoon of information around us and try a dose of reality. The name of the village is changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment