Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHERS DAY


There are at least 45 different ways to call your father out. But they all mean the same thing calling out the unsung heroes. They rarely get their fair share of adulation. A father is a defined as male parent or an n individual progenitor of human off spring. The adjective ‘paternal’ refers to the father. Daddies, Papa, Pops, Dad, Pitaji, appa are the few ways to express or call one’s father. Father’s day was started in celebration of honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, parental bonds and the influence of fathers in society. It was started in 1910 by Sondra Smart Dodd to honor her father who reared six children single handedly in Spokane, Washington, USA.
There has been a fair share of criticism, sarcastic attacks over the fact that it is a shameless way to commercialize relationships. But, gradually this day has also been accepted with the modernization of society and open expression of feelings and emotions.
I want to openly on this forum say Happy Fathers day to two special and important men in my life who in there own special and singular highly individualistic and unique personalities have enriched my life. One taught me patience and the other perseverance in facing the hardships of life. Life without either one of them is incomplete. I adore love and cherish both of you for shaping me to what I am today. Your distinct personalities give me strength and guidance. With my phone call to Dad every morning to just touch base and to discuss mundane stuff over morning chai and to discuss sports to spirituality and to subtlety know beforehand what the other wants. Daarji, in his own ways has enriched me and made me appreciate spirituality and to understand the essence without getting wrapped in mendacity. From cricket to a passion of all English movies, sometimes conversation is not needed at all. And, yes the common refrain of cutting down the umpteen cups of coffee and achaar!  In fact , becoming a parent myself ahs made me realize how tough it is to be a parent. And then for fathers, who are always put on a back burner and never given their fair share of hugs, kisses, well go pick the phone and call you dad before its too late. That is the only thing wrong in todays society we love postponing relations to do inconsequential jobs and test our relations.
I love you both and I’m blessed to have special dads like you both in my life. The gentle hugs, the smiles and the reassurances to guide and shape me to what I am.
Thank you is just a small way and does not even come close to the magnitude of love I have for you both. And heck yes, if there is a day to celebrate this bond, yes and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment