Sunday, April 21, 2013

# coffee # earth day


Ladies and Gentlemen, It is with a heavy heart , a lament on my brow and with a heavier hand I beg to state that the last frontier of adulteration has been crossed , my all time favorite coffee powder has been invaded. It just has no effect no potency, no kick left.
Forget milk, water turmeric, atta my sacred coffee powder or the beans have no magic left. I agree Punjab, went through a crazy turbulent time with the green revolution and the years of Punjab ruling the roost in the economic table of India – we are sadly a state on the brink of agricultural decay, declining productions where the simple ordinary farmer is caught in the debt trap by a the mirage of subsidies , higher cost of inputs ; the vicious trap of wheat rice rotation and the worst dwindling levels of water coupled with severe fatal contamination of ground water.
We have a lot on our platter, but what  excuse do other states have? I mean just imagine ,a stressed out harassed mother of 21st century caught in the turmoil of exams, competition , reservations and trying to coax her teenager to study wants peace of mind with a re-assuring cup of coffee. You know that perfect cup of coffee with the aphrodisiac steam wafting up lovingly to soothe your frayed fraught nerves and the short fuse of a temper. ( mind you this is an air brushed or photo –shopped account ).

And, zilch nada , nyet , nothing.
Oh, the betrayal of this. I know a lot of mothers who sympathize with me and also support me when that perfect cup of coffee or cutting chai doesn’t do anything. Fear not , my dear babes I am undertaking /registering a protest by making a group , going online with all the social media power, the hash tag # revolution , tweeting and making sure that pure coffee with a kick is our right.
It is learnt on the official grapevine that all the woman MP’s have decided to help us achieve justice, and restore our right peace in the hustle- bustle , humdrum of life. Is that too much to ask?
Roti, kapda , saaf paani – these are hackneyed terms on his Earth Day . Think out of the box, start something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment