Saturday, December 14, 2013

Resolution vs Reavaluation i confess


I confess. Not to a sordid sexual encounter. But, I confess I failed miserably this year like all the other years. You know, like all my fellow human beings I keep resolutions with all fervor, promise and focus to make myself a better human being (according to all the self help gobbledygook philosophy surrounding us). Every time, I turn on the television, self-help, improvement talks, steps to make myself a better person, to remove all the negativity in me, plus to become healthier, inundate me. I promise if I here, another diet, organic, inorganic, small portions, lean portions, colored portions, dark chocolate, white chocolate, I’m going to go nuts. In fact there is an article today on nuts too!
Oh coming back to my resolutions, I had promised to become a better human being. Being more compassionate, to not abuse, give up coffee, give up bingeing, stop drowning myself in coffee, and to control my habit of going over board on books. In fact, I did a survey amongst my friends on face book, and all of us had failed, left them mid way! One of them had promised him no face book ing (if that is a verb) and he was back on in it! Such was the lure of the siren. Another had decided to give up drinking, according to Google Bhenji /kaur that is the number one resolution worldwide! But, he broke it within a week.
I like my cousins answer , he says be true , be honest and be realistic and as life is a curveball it throws up surprises, and situations that make life better , its better not to have resolutions in the first place. Have faith in God , He has better plans . Be free, be true to your own inner nature and all will unravel according to the bigger cosmic order.
Of course, if I did keep a resolution ,it would lead to revaluation and I wonder if we all ready for that big step……

No comments:

Post a Comment