Monday, November 10, 2014

encounters and the moment

I’ve bought books by the dozen, read, and read till my eyes drop and have this crazy number where by I am blind, literally. All, the times I ponder, muse and ramble with my thoughts and then something happened.
You don't need to go to an ashram, or a spiritual sojourn or a retreat or follow the ten-step point program to learn to meditate or become peaceful or attain nirvana.
It's just living life, step by step and keeping quiet and just observing and most important to change oneself.
No one is going to change for you. Trust me on this one. I had something close to an epiphany. I needed to stop blaming others, to stop expecting from others.
It is always one’s own personal journey, nobody can live it for you, no one can fight your battles, no one can lessen the pain, yes we have friends, we have shoulders to cry on, hugs are given but in the end the pain is always ones.
And, I discovered one more thing; the realization will happen at the moment it is meant to happen, not a minute sooner, not a moment later. If someone had said you would learn at 40, I would have disagreed because we all are full of ego, and always think we know it all.
Realization happens only when patience steps in. I always thought growing up patience was so over – rated. My father like a Zen master kept on saying patience, patience and I used to get so bugged and irritated just like any normal kid, but now I know.
Guru Nanak said that being a householder is mediation in action. Not to run away to the mountains, or to go hide in a cave, or to read and swear by a ten point mantra, but to practice meditation in action every day, every single minute in action. Also, I feel that to forgive others and to move on, you can never control what they feel for you so how can you expect anything rom them?
It took me so long to learn this one!
I don’t expect this to change you, or to give you karmic bliss, but yes my moment has helped me.
It’s always about finding peace and it comes, albeit slowly and surely at its pace. And, the beauty is, we all have our journeys mapped out.

Till then do not miss the stars while looking at the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment