Thursday, May 12, 2016

justice delayed

I am the mother incarnate with silver white hair, mother of child confused with supreme court ruling out of the blue, the conqueror of anxiety and stress, the ruler of mending hearts and uplifting my child. This is not what George RR martin wrote or is writing in season 7 for the next game of thrones. Its just what we are going through because one fine day in their infinite wisdom the judges of the highest law in the land decided to end corruption and capitation and in a single stroke at the nth hour decided that one single exam would be mandatory to judge my child’s ranking and that would enable his admission.
In the land of fairness and morality and for the betterment of the society and to stop the moral rot I uphold this decision, one common exam for all with no favoritism, bias or undue advantage to anyone.
But, Sir, at the nth moment? Why did you not sit and decide this case in December or even before so we could have been better prepared?
Parents like me who had just focused on one career line, had taken expensive coaching classes, and shifted cities so as to be on par or to stand a chance at cracking the exams, stand nowhere now.
Do you even know the statistics? Its 50,017 seats to a rough 9, 50,000 students! Where do the rest go? Why have you not taken steps to re –vamp the entire education system? And, if the states were not allowed to hold their own exams, why were we allowed to fill the forms? What about losses for us?
Even we, feel the pinch of filling the forms, paying, making drafts and sending them to states all over the country. Why were we allowed to do this whole expenditure? Sir, kindly thinks all this could have been avoided if you had given judgment at the appropriate time. I accept the thought behind the ruling and support it but the timing. Sir, I am stuck between the cliff and the ditch!
Every other avenue we missed and the disillusionment with the entire system grows everyday .You want to stop the fleecing by private universities but set up ones where the next generation of students can apply, study and build a better India.
Sir, make in India can only happen if we educate and stop the brain drain! Mothers like me, and even fathers who want their child to succeed, to escape the intense pressure that the society heaps on them are confused, befuddled and don’t know what to do. Deadlines that can make or break a life are looming and some have been missed.
And the best thing in India, is the amount of advice one gets from chacha, chachi, nukkad wala Uncle, far off relatives who are interested and mean well and all this is free! The parallel industry that has mushroomed in every town and promise to analyze, test and gauge what my child is worth charge a hefty amount. I am so puzzled and confused that honestly I think I have acquired a squint. Also, have started supporting the pharmaceutical company by eating headache medicines, anti –anxiety medicines.
I think, Raghu ram Rajan is happy with the quarterly sales, as the economy seems to be on an upswing, by the amount of sales for food, junk food, pharm sales, and by the amount of income generation of the phone company’s.
Its come to this point that my anxiety has anxiety issues.
Where can I send my billing? Or should I also set up an NGO and ask for justice?

Si r, justice delayed is justice denied, as true for us! What should I do? Maybe, try for a screen part; I qualify with the hair, wrinkles and the emotional distress. I don’t need to act. It’s in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment