Saturday, November 5, 2016

I thought I’d never say this but I actually sympathize with Kejriwal ji for the first time. You see, I am currently battling the mother of all colds and this mysterious cough that according to the Doctors is a mysterious viral that has everyone under its spell. For once both the Punjab’s are in solidarity and there is absolute unity over the smog that is causing this rattling cough. I started with a normal cough thanks to my habit of eating pickle and anything tangy and mistaking that one is supposed to eat achar and hence complete one’s quota of green vegetables…
I took this edict a tad bit too serious and went overboard on the green chilies and then it all started. I have become one of those old hags who one used to read a pictured thanks to an over active imagination stemming from an overdose of fairy tales. Remember, the witch in Hansel and Gretel, that’s how I am these days with the crackly cough and chuckle! You know Kejriwal is known for his muffler, I am known for my favorite yellow Sualin bottle that I swear by. It’s the only thing in the world that gives temporary relief before I get wracked by a coughing fit.
Every known combination of antibiotics, anti-allergic, cough syrup, I have and currently have a sock to rival any self respecting chemist shop. All sorts of lozenges anything that anyone has said, from the honey based to the tulsi, to the mulethti to the English sounding licorice to the Swiss herbs one, I tried everything.
In the meanwhile, my voice changed just like the fair-weather status of politics like the politicians who are trying to angle into AAP or Congress from the melodious to the husky to the foghorn. Just like how the guy holding the loudspeaker shouts going about in the streets, vote for congress, and vote for akali-bjp combine! With agricultural prices taking a nose –dive it seems to be a good alternative career.
The best advice is the one, which one gets from village folks, I was told to eat 3 jalebis soaked in hot milk and nothing more after that and sleep. One even asked me to eat a dry coconut slightly roasted on a cowdung!  I’ve abstained form rice 9m y favorite) to eating copious amounts of dry ginger made in a curry that I resemble a dragon with all the fire power.
Maybe they do this to smoke the cough and phlegm out of the system and cure the body. Or, maybe I had been possessed by the demon of cold and cough!
I don’t know. I just know I resemble the red nosed Rudolph the reindeer clad with Kejriwal muffler sounding like the politician who so promises utopia but crumbles as soon as elections finish.
My dreams are to breathe normally through an open passage way.minus the yuckyfeeling and not cough the night away. Some accuse me of not taking any medicine or not following it; you’ve got to be kidding! You should see how regimental I am this time; I would put the Germans to shame with my timing and clockwork medication.
My only plea is for Swami Ramdev to find some Patanjali cure, the jal neti made me nauseous and I think the water went into some other opening and just never came out. You know that rolling eyes emoticon was just made for me, however last week as I was just hoarding Sualin by the boxes, I instructed my broker to buy shares in the company that is the only thing that works along with hot water with a tad bit of honey and a twist of lime (a poor rendition of being English) but all I can find is humor now.
And, my friend from Lahore posted an Ayurveda cure, a mix of honey, banana and water that sadly looked so repulsive that I decided to brave the cough.

People who drink the brandy and hot water toddy, that just is a temporary relief and not an excuse to start taking the spirits . I hope none of you suffer , and till then the latest for me today is mint tea and caramelizing sugar , and my tip of the year is buy shares in the Hamdard company and strike it rich !And, I perfected my costume for Halloween by doing a Kejru !

No comments:

Post a Comment