Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Life in Corona Times:The Cordon Bleu way

Life In Corona Times , the Cordon Bleu way .

Ok , we have the biggest , hugest , scariest pandemic on hand ,and even the Aliens are skipping coming to Earth . And , to top it all we have an asteroid coming to blast us all to smitherens . It's a sad , sad situation, we are alll fighting and overcoming it , be it with Tai-chi , mediation , music or calls or moping and the one that has taken all of us by storm , cooking .
I mean , we live to cook but here we all are cooking in such a manner as if we could beat the virus off with a belan.
Where ever I see , or hear everyone is cooking these yummy , delectable ,scrumptious dishes and then we wonder why the clothes are getting tight .
The only solace is no one is meeting anyone , so ki farak painda hain ..and vaise bhi khande peende ghar de hain ( the true zaika is speaking in one's Mother tongue ) . 
Never mind ,we will be having food riots soon . It's become a battle field out there, normal cooking plus baking those pies and cakes and the cheesecakes , we will be the only country or the community to eat out the Corona through a food coma .
I kid you not , sometimes, I think  the pink moon bewitched us all and we all started whipping out these gastronomic delights . Everything is a work of art and , for me fancy was coffee and cake and that also got mysteriously changed to Dalgona coffee ( South Korea patents ) .
A normal parantha wali person living in the boondocks like me , has started seeing frittata for breakfast with mushrooms and a side order of burnt tomatoes ( the organic garden went on an over drive ) . So them eggs , thanks to the free - range hens that think they own the farm plus all is a staple at our place . Sometimes, I do visualise the chicken on the plate but Ive grown fond of the hens and their vagabond behaviour !
The next thing in this era of social distancing was baking bread and how ! I am telling you , we are baking ,all of us have have become competitors in making the humble bread . To sieve, cut and mix and knead and hoping and praying that Madam yeast works and isn't temperamental and it rises, and then to beat the air , punch it ( get the frustration out) and then to bake and to lovingly baste it with a butter glaze to get the sheen and sprinkle some seeds and to then Instagram it.
I am guilty of this too, we all do this , bake , post and share on our social media accounts , but some days it seems its getting a tad bit competitive out there.I don't want to bake,cook , or cut another salad , I don't want any of the fancy schmancy stuff , jut some golgappas and some rehri wala noodles would be fine, and most importantly some one else would be making em!!!
Oh ! And the vegans and their smoothies and the kale and the spinach , and Andy more flax or chia seed I see , I would seriously cry . I ain't an Olive Oyl , just need this nightmare to end otherwise as to put it like Freddy Birdy ( who I love for his wit ) I'd be using old underwear , plus stevia plus 3 eggs , almond milk = a delicious keto breakfast . Let's , just go rewind to 2109.

No comments:

Post a Comment