Thursday, February 24, 2011

journey

This little episode has been sitting in me for quite some time, I have been meaning to share but would always put it off ; thinking it to be personal or why would anyone want to read it? Well, something happened yesterday, a little discussion about ego... something which we all have in plenty and I made a remark that if one has to progress one has to control or conquer one’s ego and to the effect. Well, before I wander off another hole let me back-track

Every year before my boys go back to school, we visit a gurudwara off the beaten track, take blessings from the Babaji there and have langar do our personal spiritual practice and come back to our farm. It is in fact as close to a tradition, you can say. Well, last year we went, did our private thing, which I’m sure you don’t want to know about or read but on the whole it is about faith. Well I was shown how cynical and jaded I have become by my younger son, Gobind. We came out of the main room where Babaji sits, and there was a stray dog over there, my first instinct as a mother was to warn him to be careful as I was immediately thinking about dog-bites, rabies, shots all in one go. My son wanted to give him Prasad and I told him, stop, he might bite you.
He turned around and said, “Mama,Babaji is in him also.”
I was shell-shocked, and was so ashamed of myself. Here I was trying to teach him the fundamentals of path, mool mantra and my son taught me the biggest lesson of my life.
Don’t why but wanted to share it with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment