Thursday, January 19, 2012

A fashionable unfashionable diet

Just imagine my quandary, when I shifted from my pind to my home city temporarily ..I discovered that all the women ( with apologies for a few) never ate food. They picked, nibbled on the food served, were proficient over all the deserts ever known to mankind. They all knew about the finest yummiest cakes and to die for dishes. But , imagine my surprise all of them were following some secret mantra Guru who had there metabolism down to a T . All the women , had tried the different flours , and a thorough analysis had been done over the flour which suited or heaven forbid led to a weight gain. Woe, be upon the flour which led to a weight gain.
The cooks had all become proficient in the words which had been alien to them before aka BRAN!!!
Every woman worth her delectable backside and the carats of her solis ( i  learnt not to use the full form ,mind you ) . Carbs are dangerous enemies, potatoes have been banned( imagine my plight) , mitha' is  aan alien life form, and the lowly dal which is the mainstay of us Indians is not even suppose to come close to one's plate.
I was amazed even milk was not taken , just the dried milk powder , if you please . Milk just added to calories and empty ones. My vocabulary has increased manifold , I know about bran , carbs, all the kinds of fancy names for my greens and the salads. And how could I forget about getting my portions right? Simply being punjabi was out of favor like the current political scenario where Akali bashing was the 'it ' topic.  I am also learning that tea is not just tea but green tea , and no masala tea unless it is a concoction of all the fancy herbs which are sold by the grams. Every woman swears by her number of green tea cups which is converting to this inner glow so desired by all.
Oh, did I mention that one also has to cut down the consumption of tea and coffee? My entry into the fashionable world of dieting got shot  at the first instance when I uttered makki di roti with makhan for breakfast!!
However , I pledged to honestly corrupt myself to diet starting diet right now . Nothing like seizing the moment you see. The women also do not divulge their secrets , they are guarded stronger than the nuke secrets of US , coz' you don't want the other friend to look better, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment