Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Smile


I just realized the most important thing of all , people are scared of expecting anything new. One walks ( I mention this every time, put it down to my increasing years and senility approaching), and I have this habit of smiling not like a buffoon but just a smile.
The hostility and the surprise has got me thinking since the last few days . Why are people scared of accepting a smile? Is it alien or are they just suspicious? When did life become so complicated that smiling took a thought?Isn't it a spontaneous reaction? One smiles at birds playing in mid-air, squirrels running up the tree in search for the elusive nut or little kids practicing karate in all seriousness. Old  men clad warmly but bravely walking with a mission , slowly and slowly putting one step ahead of the other to keep their joints moving and to someway quell the date with the maker. The old ladies chatting away in the middle of the park trying desperately to fit in more conversation before they face empty homes and even emptier human beings.
I have seen , no felt the hostility when I pass the younger generation . They just don't know how to react ! Should they smile , ignore me or just walk with their nose in the air ?
 I wonder , I wonder where did the simple pleasures go? Meanwhile, I shall continue to smile ,as I know nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment