Monday, January 7, 2013

Dear God


Dear God,
I will name every God and Goddess on this planet, the universe and the outer galaxies if it would help me in swinging the vote in my favor as I am in the midst of the craziest winter. It’s as if the weather branch of the Gods (I am sure there is an outsourcing of this due to the burgeoning population) has thrown us a curve ball with the coldest winter in years. It is cold. My old bones, wobbly knobby knees can’t take it anymore. What with chilblains, a permanent redder than red Santa’s reindeers nose and a crick in the neck. And yes, did I mention I smell coffeeholic, my pores and every cell (whatever the scientific term) are so saturated with coffee that no more osmosis can me done anymore.
I beg to state here as formally as possible, if I could prostrated myself on my knees I would (please imagine the scene) – how do I beat the examination stress? I along with my the millions of mothers who are in the same boat where we all worry for our child’s future based on a meaningless test which doesn’t even judge the goodness in him or her. It forgets to take into account the insecurity, the empathy they have that is cruelly taken away and replaced by cutthroat competition. We are breeding a nation of automated robots who are forgetting the past traditions and values who have a better and closer relationship with their phones and gadgets than the surrounding humans.
I want to still take care of the innocence and save it for a process whereby he or she will not be judged by a percent or by the fact that he or she can smartly win more points by an archaic crooked system.
Dear God, save me from the stress, the shock of white hair is not to emulate the Iron lady or Mrs. Gandhi, it just wont color by any chemical or natural color! It seems they have a mind of their own and are hell bent on letting me have a natural color blocking in my hair, as is the case by the designer code.
I try and follow every little trick known if it would help and I know it will not but just growing through the motions makes the stress at bay. Of course, couldn’t you just favor me a bit and settle the flip-flop and yes send us some sun, when you’re at it.
We , also worry about the haywire done in the budget , not by the crazy economy and inflation or Mr. Montek’s new calculation of 37 or 38 rs a day or even the latest one 6/9 LPG cylinders but by the consumption of junk food, read chips , chips and yes more chips. I have also , gone through packets of saunf, kacha aam toffees and entire boxes of tic toes . when did you last read the price on a box?
But as you in your infinite wisdom , will probably say : this too shall pass you loony mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment