Thursday, March 16, 2017

Happiness and Happyness

Every day we get to read so many homilies, posters, well meaning thoughts, and quotes that we share at the drop of the hat. All are quickly shared on Facebook, Instagram, Snap chat or the latest whatsapp status updates to maybe give a hint of our hidden feelings or sometimes they just appeal to our inner sense of disquiet. It so happens with me too, some posts appeal to my quirky crazy side that is thankfully hidden; it would never do to be so apparent or wide open in plain view. Some are so pleasing that one just wants to share with all over spiritual, well-meaning lines that hold the gravitas of truth of our lives. We all are given to them. However, there is a down side when one starts to act and apply these to one’s life and starts acting in the same fashion.
I think we all have become too available on this instant messaging 24x7 online, instant access to all.
When is your time yours? Why is it when one stops to act the norm one is called selfish? Man is a social animal, I agree but we need to be selfish for one for the right reasons. We need to put ourselves as the priority and as mothers, women and wives, and just plain old women we need to be selfish for ourselves.
“To love is to value’. Only a rationally selfish man, a man of self-esteem is capable of love – because he is the only man capable of holding firm, consistent, uncompromising, unbetray value. The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone; Ayn Rand, The virtue of Selfishness A new concept of egoism.
I just went off all my groups, it was because I felt if I was there I was participating, reading all the time, it was like a drug that what, when and who posted what, downloading clips, snippets that one can miss. Nothing earth shattering is shared anyway and we miss out on life and its simple pleasures. I had forgotten to take out me time, time to read to do my simple things, to just be and it seemed the pinging and the checking of all messages became so paramount, and it felt as if I was attached to the phone to the hip to be on call all the time, it honestly is an oxymoron. You are there for your children with whom I can connect all the time and then that is the biggest boon, and yes it has its advantages but when it becomes an encroachment and liability then it starts to be an albatross noose.
Some times I am told I don’t pick up, some say I don’t reply, some say I read and don’t reply back. Time just keeps on flying, and I wonder where is my me-time.
And it happened one day; I just decided to be me. I don’t know how long it works, but I am reading more and in fact just happier. Also, moving my backside helps me to keep fit rather than being glued to the imaginary virtual friend I have, I removed the fit bit app too, the checking off the calories I burned was also pressuring.
Life was better when the phone was attached to the wall and one would pick up the phone with no clue that who was calling and one would shout at the top of the voice wondering who was on the other side .The joys of booking a call and finally having it come through, priceless.

Life is still the same; it is us, who have complicated it for no reason. Be happy in simple things , in that lies beauty and one can truly be liberated then .  

No comments:

Post a Comment