Saturday, March 17, 2012

kich kich


Kichh Kichh

I am not a Sunidhi Chauhan , a Begum Akhtar or even close to the shadow of the shadow of the Nightingale of India but my voice is decent , passable and apparently sounds good to some people. But this common affliction of a sore throat has me stumped and it wheezes, splutters, and now sounds like a fog-horn croaking away its melody.
The remedies range from adrak chai , to a hot toddy, to amla grated mixed with honey and lemon. A hot peppery dadi ma nuskha where peppers are mixed with almonds and raisins and is made into small balls and chewed. Trust me, the sheer hotness of the concoction is making me glow with a natural red tinting my cheeks to perfection .The glaziness in my eyes is not due to my secret swinging of a brandy here and there or the smelling of the poppies dotting my garden but a perpetual intoxication with the numerous downing of cough syrups.
The pharmaceutical industry, makes a killing every year , every month , every second selling these bottles which just knock you down temporarily giving you a buzz for the moment but kich kich remains the same. You know, that irritating feeling , in the back of the throat , gets drowned by the syrup but just never goes .
I have notes from people who say a hot toddy works wonder, done that so am a bit wobbly , ate and slept with rotis, just gained inches with that one! My next bet is the Gol –gappa stall in the midst of model Town … well bhaiyaji here I come .

No comments:

Post a Comment