Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two rupees

What is two rupees? Is it a single tissue to be used and the thrown keeping in mind the highest standards of hygiene? Is it the fancy pencil used by kids these days? What is two rupees worth?
Well , one samosa.
Today thanks to an abundance somewhere , kids at the helping hands were in for a treat . I was distributing them and then this little girl took her samosa. After some time, I noticed she wasn't eating hers. when I asked her why not ? She said she was going to take it home and share it with her papa.
I was in tears, imagine a little girl of kindergarten who was barely 6 herself , wanted to take back her treat to her father.
I have never thought about it , but the state and extent of poverty is frightening ,scary and is a reality. I am disturbed since evening wondering and wondering more. The little girl comes to class with her other brother , sisters , and they all sit together on one towel spread out so that the grass doesn't hurt them! Priya, looks like a boy and is tanned , ragamuffin who speaks fast .. but the love shines through.
she taught me something , love is precious and sharing is caring. A little poor girl who wants to share her samosa with her father made me cry and reminded me today to say I love you Dad.

Ps two rupees isn't much , but it sure buys a smile .

No comments:

Post a Comment