Thursday, April 12, 2012

Diary of A Madamji

Hi All,
This is not the fictitious account of Mother Superior of India ( I swear not to have any leaks from the Indian Congress) nor is it a burlesque account of the 'Madame" ; however you might wish it to be!


It is merely a new identity along with the names I have during my journey called life. It all started as a dream and after procrastinating which I am famous for by the way I started a little project where by the village kids come home to study English . They are way better in science , maths  by the way and that too in Punjabi . Hats off to them ,imagine the depth , intelligence whereby they learn about the world , history , the constitution , geography ,and all we take for granted in plain english . I mean , I am stumped, gobsmacked all those adjectives of Captain Haddock ..well they apply to me at this moment.
It started off with three kids and suddenly we are 70 kids strong and growing . I don't how this happened, no advertisement nothing they walked in big small , short tall, thin , beautiful , with hair in spikes, plaits with ribbons , some  with clips, some with a saucy pony tail swinging away but one thing in common , shy timid quiet , a burning desire to study , with soul searching eyes and a smile which always wins my heart. Do you know you can always tell if the smile reaches ones eyes or not ?
I plan to introduce them to you as we move along... my partner in crime Simer is away to Andaman's causing Tsunami  and earthquakes along the way she goes but she joins me back after searching for the biggest rock she can dive for !

12/4/12



No comments:

Post a Comment